- Mengenai Jakim
- Digital Collection
- Muat Turun
Avoiding Seven Major Sins
Tarikh:Jan 29, 2010
The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “Avoid the seven great destructive sins.” They (the people) asked, “’O Allah’s Apostle! What are they?” He said, “To join partners in worship with Allah; to practice sorcery; to kill the life which Allah has forbidden except for a just cause (according to Islamic law); to eat up usury (riba’); to eat up the property of an orphan; to give one’s back to the enemy and freeing from the battlefield at the time of fighting and to accuse chaste women who never even think of anything touching chastity and are good believers.”
1. There are seven major sins committing which will lead to being cursed by Allah s.w.t.:
- Shirk - making partners of Allah s.w.t. in worship such as believing in superstitions, worshipping ghosts, devil and so forth.
- Sorcery / black magic
- Killing other soul that is forbidden by Allah s.w.t., except in the ways that are permissible such as self-defence or to carry out Allah’s law and rules of justice.
- To take up the property of an orphan.
- To take riba’.
- To run away from a battlefield
- To slander a chaste woman
2. A mukmin (believer) should strive to stay away from violating other people’s rights especially those of the orphans which he is trusted upon to guard. If one has betrayed the trust, then he must return what is taken or if that is not possible, seek approval from the owner so that it expiates him from the sin.
3. Everyone who has committed sins should repent with a sincere repentance (tawbah nasuha) and beg for Allah’s forgiveness because the door of forgiveness is always open until the sun rises from the west.