- Mengenai Jakim
- Digital Collection
- Muat Turun
History of Assyura
Tarikh:Feb 16, 2005
From Aisya r.a, she said: “Ashura' (the tenth of Muharram) was a day on which the tribe of Quraish used to fast in the pre-lslamic period of ignorance. The Prophet also used to fast on this day. So when he migrated to Madinah, he fasted on it and ordered (the Muslims) to fast on it as well.”
Ashura is the tenth day of Muharram. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) encouraged Muslims to fast on the day because it has its own advantages as well as the advantages of the month of Muharram itself. The 10th of Muharram also recorded some important events for our contemplation as recorded by Imam al - Ghazali in his book Mukasyafatul Qulub. On that date:
- Sayyidina Hussain was killed (the grandson of the Prophet) in Karbala'.
- The acceptance of Adam a.s repentance.
- The creation of Adam a.s.
- Adam entered Heaven.
- The day the ‘Arasy’, ‘Kursi’, the sky, sun, moon and stars were created.
- Ibrahim a.s was born.
- Ibrahim a.s. was rescued from the fire of Namrud.
- Musa a.s. and his followers were rescued.
- The Pharaoh drowned.
- Isa a.s was born.
- Isa a.s was elevated to the sky.
- Idris a.s was elevated to the sky.
- Nuh’s (a.s.) ship safely landed on the hill of Judy.
- Sulaiman a.s is bestowed upon a great kingdom.
- Yunus a.s was released from a Nun (fish).
- Ya’kub’s (a.s) vision was restored.
- Yusuf a.s was rescued from an abandoned well.
- Ayyub a.s was healed from his illness.
- The first rain came down from the heaven to the earth.