- Mengenai Jakim
- Digital Collection
- Muat Turun
Limit in Dressing
Tarikh:Jul 14, 2010
Riwayat:Riwayat Ibnu Masâ€™ud
Rasulullah (peace and blessings be upon him) said meaning: “Allah has cursed those women who practise tattooing or get it done for themselves, and those who remove hair from their faces, and those who create spaces between their teeth artificially to look beautiful, such ladies change the features created by Allah.”
(Narrated by Ibnu Mas’ud)
- The meaning of changing the creation of Allah s.w.t. is making changes (general and custom) to the already perfect creation of Allah s.w.t. on the basis of not being satisfied with the award, and not to improve or repair any defect.
- Removing the hairs of the eyebrow and making or drawing new eyebrow to satisfy personal preference in order to appear more beautiful, appealing and fashionable is haram in Islam.
- If the act of removing the hairs of the eyebrow is due to the hairs growing scattered and extremely untidy, then such act is not considered as changing the creation of Allah s.w.t. Furthermore, if the hairs being removed are only the ones scattered and not the actual hairs of the eyebrow, and there is no drawing of new eyebrow onto it. This is done with the intention of looking after personal tidiness and not because of dissatisfaction with the creation of Allah s.w.t. because Allah s.w.t. is beautiful and love beauty.
- Only treatment onto a certain disease that cannot be healed on its own is allowed such as installing denture at a toothless place (but not extracting the tooth and replacing with another), rearranging dentition (but not by grinding or rasping), putting on medication to grow hair at bald places (but not by wearing a wig), putting on medication to remove acne onto the skin (but not by having plastic surgery or using chemical substance to change skin colour), putting henna, shampoo or gel onto hair or beard so as to appear fresher and tidier (but not by colouring with paint or spray) and the likes, as the differences between treating/maintaining the originality of Allah s.w.t.’s creation and changing His creation. Treating and maintaining is acceptable (harus) whereas changing is haram.
- Mankind and all other creatures of this world are the ultimate prerogative of Allah s.w.t. Therefore, we must obey all rulings and requirements of Islam. We must not be deceived and influenced by other people’s habits of following their own desires because such ungrateful and unsatisfied act onto the award and creation of Allah s.w.t. is actually the habits inherited from Satan.